Family Law

We help with matters relating to parenting such as custody, access (parenting time), and child support, and provide a duty counsel lawyer for Chambers matters. In some situations we may be able to assist with divorce, spousal support, and relocation applications and variation applications.

We can help with child welfare matters if your child has been taken away and if you have been served with a care or supervision application.

We strongly recommend that you take the For the Sake of the Children course before you apply for legal aid. The course is free and is regularly offered in the Yukon. You can access the schedule on the Family law Information centre (FLIC) website: 

The Supreme Court of Yukon requires that you take this course before you can proceed with a court application, except in urgent circumstances.